If you are an undergraduate, postgraduate or postdoctoral researcher in Chemistry, then you are invited to become an Ambassador for the department.
To register interest, please fill in this form.
What do we do?
• Workshops in schools
• Spectroscopy in a Suitcase
• Workshops in the Chemistry Teaching Labs
• Demonstration lectures
• Open Days
• Residential Courses (UNIQ)
• Aspiration-raising events
• Departmental Tours
• HE Fairs
• Links with public engagement activities (eg science festivals)
What are our aims?
• Inspire young people to study chemistry at a higher level.
• Improve public understanding of science and the perception of chemistry as a subject.
• Support teachers in delivering high quality chemistry teaching.
• Change the public perception of Oxford University as an institution.
What's in it for you?
• Fun and rewarding
• Support and inspire future chemists
• Improve your communication and presentation skills
• Some paid opportunities!
• And the age-old reason: 'it looks good on your CV'
What are you committing to?
• Attend relevant training (approx 2 hours)
• Volunteer at least 3 times during the year (they don't have to be full days!)
• Fill in a brief feedback form for each event