Date: TBA March 2016
Venue: The University of Oxford
Audience: Year 12 students at non-selective state schools or colleges in the UK
Each Year 12 visitor will have:
- two academic taster sessions in small groups
- two talks from admissions tutors about studying at Oxford and how to apply
- free lunch in an Oxford College
- a college tour.
Throughout the day, the Year 12s are accompanied by a current Oxford undergraduate student, studying a subject aligned with their own interest.
These sessions are interactive in nature, and are aimed to inspire and excite Year 12s, and provide an insight into some of the research and teaching activities of the University of Oxford.
- For those that live far away, we provide accommodation in a college room overnight (free of charge), and lay on evening activities with current undergraduate students on hand to help. We may also be able to to help with travel costs.
- Places will generally be limited to students with at least 5A* grades at GCSE (7A* for medicine), and who are predicted to achieve at least AAA at A Level (or equivalent).
- Booking is by individuals, but we ask students to nominate a teacher at their school to support their application.
If you have any questions about the Study Days please email Claire on: firstname.lastname@example.org